Opinion and observation on a world gone crazy

Joe Gill, journalist and game inventor from Brighton, UK

Monday 1 November 2010

Victory for left in Brazil's presidential election

A comment from someone who used to live in Brazil:

I hope that she continues the good work of Lula. I used to live in Brasil when Lula took office and i lived there for 5 years on and off. I returned in July after 3 years away to visit some friends and family and i was shocked to see how much Brasil had improved. I lived in Alagoas one of the poorest states and was shocked at the lack of begging and homeless people. At night where once there were just prostitutes on the street corners there were bars and snack bars and areas had been rejuvinated. When i first went to Brasil I was told there is just the rich and the poor. That is not true now, there is a huge middle class. I wish Dilma all the best and I hope she keeps Brasil on the right track and to be fair it is going to be a monster economy in a few years. Brasil will always have social problems but from my experience they are lessening year on year. Good to see a Presidenta!

No comments:

Post a Comment